Thursday, April 9, 2015

TMS 295


My son is working on his elemental "Wanted" poster for Science class.  He chose Salt as his element.

 "Ooo, we could make it look like an old-timey Wanted poster with bullet holes in it.  And we could age it by cooking it in the oven and then burn the edges," I told him getting all excited about my ideas.

"WE," he said in his snarkiest voice (the ones that only teens and pre-teens have) "aren't doing anything like that because I'm pretty sure that the point of this project is to give information NOT to make it decorative."

Whatever dude.

So I took my creative self downstairs and made this card.  I'm using the sketch over at Tuesday Morning Sketches.  I'm also entering it into the Catch the Bug: April "Anything Goes Challenge."

I still think my ideas would have been cool.

6 comments:

  1. Love your card Joanna and that wonderful glass of Red White or is it Raspberry juice or even Blackcurrant??? LOL Oh you really made me laugh out loud well that was your son telling you wasn't it and not to interfere. I was told something like that very similar from my sons, so my reaction was Whatever mate do it yourself and don't come to me and ask any more question. Little toad got an Excellent for that assignment. So he can do it himself.

    Hugs
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable! Thanks for joining us for the ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge at Bugaboo Stamps’ Catch the Bug blog this week. I’m holding thumbs that you are one of the lucky winners! Please join us again soon.
    Love
    Jen L
    Bugaboo Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, this makes me giggle. So cute Joanna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got this digital recently too and I haven't done anything with it yet. Gosh, your card is just awesome and I love the papers and colors you used too!

    Believe it or not, I just started my own blog challenge today! I'd love to have you join me and spread the word too :)

    Jeannie T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous fun card, I love it. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty color combo!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie (TMS DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete