Thursday, November 6, 2014

Cardmaking #53

I'm published ... eep!

OK, so all I did was volunteer to make a card but hey, my card is in a magazine ... on sale right now!  I'm pretty excited.

The challenge for me was that I had to make a CAS (clean and simple) card.  For those who know me, forget about it, my cards are typically waaay over the top with layers.  So a challenge to limit myself to just 2 layers (not counting the base) was REALLY, REALLY hard.

If I'm going to be completely honest, it took me three cards to get it right.  You'll see them all during this month.  I used Doodle Pantry's Quirky Snowmen for this card.  Laurie has some great Christmas images in her shop.  And I won't even ask you to limit yourself to just two!

6 comments:

  1. So super cute Jo! Congrats on being published, that is AWESOME! What mag, I need to go pick it up! Way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Joanna! How exciting. I know what you mean. I don't know if I could do a card. plain and simply. Your card is gorgeous!
    Hugs,Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Joanna! What a great design and fabulous image. Lovin' how you arranged the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Joanna ! How cool being published in a magazin. Super cute card and great take with CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I know how hard CAS cards are, I have trouble doing them too! You did a fantastic job Joanna, congratulations on getting published!

    ReplyDelete