Monday, September 10, 2018

ABC - New Shoes


It's Anything But A Card day over on the Catch The Bug blog. I was inspired by my friend Eileen who is soo creative.  She bought these inexpensive shoes from Wal-Mart and painted them with Dr. Suess images.  I'm not as good with paint as she is, so I wondered if I could a digi image as a guide for painting.  The answer is YES!

I've always loved this image from Bugaboo.  It's called Bella Trio and I thought that it would make cute shoes.  So what the heck ... I decided to go for it.  I bought the shoes and then taped them up so I would't get paint in areas that I didn't want.

Next time I will also tape the INSIDE of the shoe because as you can see from the finished shoe ... I got yellow inside.  Apparently I will be dyeing my socks yellow for the next couple of days by wearing the shoes ... oops.  Learn from my mistake!

I printed the image twice.  Once with paper so that I could judge where I wanted to put the image on my shoe.  And then I printed it again with my friend's Cricket, using transfer tape.

I stuck the image on the shoes and used it as a guide for where to place the paint.  The transfer vinyl didn't stick well to the shoes.  Next I will use regular vinyl and then paint around the black images.

I actually think the shoes turned out cute!

1 comment:

  1. Joanna, that is soooooooo creative! You weren't suppose to put your foot through the printer though. EEKS so sorry about the stitches so hope you are doing alright, thinking about you and sending you lots of healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete