Monday, August 13, 2018

The Library Challenge: Jungle Book


When I saw the Library Challenge, I KNEW that I would be participating.  Who doesn't love the Jungle Book.  I'm humming "The Bare Necessities" right now!!  I also knew that I'd be using an elephant stamp to represent the elephant herd in the film.  I love elephants and have about a billion elephant stamps!  It was more of a question of which stamp I'd use.  In the end, I used two.

My first card represents Winifred in the movie and uses Mo Manning's digital image: I Heart You.  Who doesn't like the ever patient Winifred who loves the bossy Colonel Hathi and manages not to kill him.  I get her ... I'm married to my own bossy-pants man.

My next card features Birdie Brown's Adorable Elephants and is supposed to be Hathi Jr.  I do love me some Birdie Brown.

I cased the layout of the second card.  My link in Pinterest is broken so I can't give credit where it's due.  So who-ever you are ... great card layout!

3 comments:

  1. Joanna both cards are adorable. Elephants are really “in” right now. I have the Mo image, but just not feeling it yet. I know that I have that image colored and sitting in my stash somewhere. Eventually I will get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are really great - I love that you've made them into characters from the story. I love the pink and dark colour combo and the matching sentiment on t he first. The second has a fabulous monochrome scheme and great stencilling. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been featured as a ‘Librarian’s Choice’. Thank you for sharing it at The Library.

    ReplyDelete