Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Still Stuck At Home ... (sigh)

I love to craft.

But after a week of being trapped at home with construction workers ... I am ready to do something else. Even a trip to Walmart sounds fantastic! On the bright side, I'm completely caught up on the vacuuming and laundry.

So with my extra crafting time, I thought that I would work on using every single stamp that I own that has never seen ink (sadly, I have a bunch of those!)  This is Fanny from Art Impressions.  She is from their "Front and Back" collection.  After playing with this type of card, I think I may need to get a friend for her to gossip with ... maybe Violet or Guido. The sentiment is Eat, Sleep, Craft by Echo Park.

I learned quite a bit making this card. One, I usually make my insides with cheap paper (ironically from Walmart!) but I found that I can't use this paper with these type of cards because they require additional stamping. When I tried to use my Distressed Oxide inks to make the sky, it didn't blend. I actually ruined 2 of my sponges before I realized that bits of the paper were rolling off and the colors were STILL not blending. Also, this is a SUPER heavy card with all the layering of papers. Next time I will need to make the base out of heavier paper.

Overall, I like how the card turned out.

Here is the matching envie required by the Art Impression challenge ... after spending so much time on the card, I may have skimped a bit on the envelope!




1 comment:

  1. Joanna, I love AI stamps and this is a goodie. Great scene. Well you even had more excitement than I did this week, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete