Sunday, June 16, 2013

DS105: Oh Chute!!





I'm baking right now.  Hubby kinda of got gyped from having a real Father's Day celebration with us all being trapped here at the house.  I didn't REALLY get to go hog-wild like I normally do.  So I made him an ice cream cake and I'm making him his favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I'm kinda down about the fire and just wanted to DO something ... not that making cookies helps put out forest fires or anything!  It just makes ME feel better.

Here's the second, "Sorry Your House Burned" card I made this week.  I got this Cat's Pajamas stamp set from my Secret Sister and have had it on my desk for some time, reminding me to use it.  Cute isn't it?  Thanks Kathy!

I LOVED Jen's deconstructed sketch (this and Freshly Made Sketches are among two of my favorite sites ... well other than Sweet Sketch Wednesday of course!)  I wanted to make sure to use it.  I embossed the parachute and that gave it a weird look but since it was the SECOND time I had colored it, I didn't feel like stamping it a third time!  Other than the parachute, I really like how it turned out.






5 comments:

  1. Adorable...I think the parachute looks great...great sketch too! Glad things are looking up for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card and cute image. I love that sketch and how you used it. Pretty papers and beautiful coloring. Great job Joanna. Sorry you are still shut in. Wishing for a better day tomorrow for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card and great take with the sketch, Joanna !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you are shut in too, but great to know that you are able to exert some of that energy into some goodies and a beautiful card. Love the parachute. It looks more "real" with that little ripple. No worries! <3 Kel

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/06/52-card-pickup-225.html

    ReplyDelete