Friday, April 13, 2012

No card ... just stuff

I just got back from a quilt/fabric convention and I am giddy at the prettiness that I saw. I want to go ... be creative, but I'm leaving to go to Denver in 25 minutes. I'm actually considering opening a small quilting business with a friend and went to price out supplies.

Three things I learned about Quilters/Crafters:

1. There are HUGE amount of us. That place was PACKED.

2. I am JUST as obsessed about pretty fabric as I am about pretty paper. I must have been a hoarder or a magpie in another life. (ooooh shiny)

3. I spent a day with a bunch of people who all called me "young lady" and I liked that!

Anywho, anyone who has business advice for me, send me an e-mail. And in the meantime, I present ....

10 Fun Questions About Me That You Never Knew!

I saw this on a friend's blog and thought ... what a freakin' cool idea (especially since I don't have a picture of something lovely that I created and well ... I needed to post.)

1. Book or movie and why?

Book. Sorry movie fans, but authors spend literally months figuring out things and there is sooo much more detail in the books. Movie directors think, how can I explain this plot and do it in a way that spends the least amount of money. There is, of course, one exception: the second Twilight book (yep, I read 'em ... oh great now you think less of me because I read teen horror) I thought Bella was waaaay too moody and darn near didn't make it through the book. The movie didn't suck ... as much.


2. Real book or e-book?

Hmmm, I have a nook and I DO like being able to immediately get a title but since I forget to plug my nook in frequently, I guess I'd have to say ... both


3. Besides crafting, what's your favorite thing to do when you get some extra time?

Reading. Board games (certainly my husband would accuse me of being addicted to Words with Friends since I've been known to secretly play it on Date Night.)


4. Funniest thing you've done in the last 5 years?

I have to say when we met the new neighbors. And it really wasn't really ME who was funny, more the youngest son. While chit-chatting with total strangers ("Hey, welcome to the neighborhood. Nice to meet you") The youngest comes up and says, "Hey mom, didja know that China rhymes with vagina?" I'm sure that if I were a fly on the wall, the expression on my face would have been hi-larious.


5. How would your best friend describe you?

Creative, occasionally whiny, and not the least bit financially practical but certainly fun to watch try to assemble a toy without reading the directions.


6. Would your choice of party be a catered meal or barbecue out back?

Seriously? Let me think ... a BBQ out back where I do the cooking, cleaning and worrying about weather or a catered meal where I sit on my butt and get served a meal by a hunky man with a cut chest, wearing nothing but an apron? I'm gonna go with catered. OK, maybe not the apron. Now if Toby Keith were coming and playing a set, I probably could be convinced otherwise.


7. Favorite kind of car and why?

I'm sure that Jeremy from Top Gear would be saddened by my response but ... I gotta go with the Ford Shelby GT 500. It's pretty and ooooooh shiny!


8. What's your favorite season and why?

Autumn. Having grown up in Arizona, where there is NEVER cold weather, I love the crispness of Fall. I like crunchy leaves in the yards and scarecrows in peoples entryways and who doesn't like candy?


9. What specific lesson have you learned - Spiritual, educational, occupational?

Hmm, I've learned MANY spiritual lessons about trusting God always but in keeping with the lighthearted tone of this post, I'm going to say, never give the birds and bees talk when neighbors move in.


10. What's one place you can be found at least one time every week?

I wish I could say the Barnes and Noble or a craft store but the more honest answer is the grocery store. I've even had weeks when I can honestly say I've been every DAY! Bleah.

Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

  1. Joanna, you are too fun! I would love to meet you in real life. I love your son's comment about China...so funny! I'll bet the expression on your face was worth millions.

    ReplyDelete