Wednesday, March 11, 2015

SSW2-47: Sami Stamps


Yay, it's Wednesday and the gang is all here! Design team members Linda and Kathie are BACK!  Linda has braved the flood waters in her home and lived to tell about it, and Kathie's hands are better.  So excited to have everyone back.

This week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 we have Sami Stamps as our sponsor.  I'm using her Read Me A Story image.  I LOVE this image.  It reminds me of when my kiddos let me read stories with them.  They are all about the chapter books now.  I'm so glad that they, like me, love to read.

I suppose, according to the sketch, I should have used two different papers this week on my card but ... I didn't wanna.  I kinda loved the monochromatic feel of this card.

There is a $12 gift certificate for our winner this week!  I hope you join in!

6 comments:

  1. Love your card Joanna!! Such a sweet image, brings back so many memories of when my "kids" were younger =)
    Blessings and hugs to you!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope you're feeling better too Joanna! Thanks for the warm welcome back. Your card is precious, love that you stuck to your guns and didn't use the different papers. Such a sweet image too. Enjoy the coming of spring...finally!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, love the image. Reminds me of my favorite time of when the kids were little and you would have them cuddling with you as you read them a story. The swirls are great on you corners, what a perfect accent. Have a great week.
    PS I to am very happy to have everyone back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna, i love your card and i am a fan of Sami Stamps! We would like to invite you to see your card showcased on our Sami Stamps Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/618426274947087/

    Bonnie Kohane
    Sami Stamps DT co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Joanna, sweet image and lovely papers. I agree it's great to have everyone creating again x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Joanna I loved your card as soon as I clapped eyes on it and your wonderful colour palette my favorite colour combo and such a lovely image. Plus that added flourish totally perfect. Yes I'm back my hands are still the same no improvement, we're going to leave it for 6 months, try and get some weight off and if that does help we may try Cortisone injections and if that doesn't work then I'll have to be operated on. I find it hard to craft and they are constantly numb or some fingers with pins and needles. Hope your well and that snow is clearing. It's meant to be Autumn (Fall) here and still very warm and hard to sleep at night. Take care.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete