Tuesday, June 5, 2012

B-I-N-G-O

Happy Tuesday.

This week Creative Card Crew wants you to hum a little tune and make a card based on that song.  Easy right?  My guess is that there already IS a song tumbling around in your little brain right now.

Sadly, for me, that song is Bingo.  You know the one ... "There was a farmer, had a dog and Bingo was his name-O  B-I-N-G-O" (now it's in your head too right?!!)  You are probably asking, "Why Joanna, why is such a lame song in your head instead of the latest Maroon 5, Coldplay or even Lady Gaga?" 

The short answer is because my oldest is in 3rd grade and that's when the Music teacher introduces the recorder.  Caleb has fallen in love with that little torture device (I mean instrument).  I thought I was going to lose my mind when he played "Hot Cross Buns" over and over (and over and over) but now he has moved onto the hit song "Bingo."  I sincerely hope that soon we can move on to "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" or some other song, perhaps some Train?!!

I actually made two cards.  I wasn't sure that I liked my fist attempt (and I HAD to put BINGO somewhere on the card, right?)  All the yummy paper on both cards was sent to me from my lovely SS.  The kits she made were ... A-mazing!

Don't forget that YOU can cash in on the song stuck in YOUR head.  Make a card illustrating it and you can win a $20 gift certificate from our sponsor, Simon Says Stamp. So get off the computer, and sing or craft or ... maybe BOTH!

2 comments:

  1. How to lose friends just by uttering three little words.....HOT CROSS BUNS..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both. Love how you colored them and think they are both great cards. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete