Sunday, July 15, 2018

Happy Anniversary!!


I'm busy making cards (yes, plural) to give to my hubby to celebrate our anniversary this week.  Since neither one of us can usually remember it, I try to spoil him on the years that I DO actually remember!  We are celebrating 18 this year.  I used the Simon Says Stamp: Playful Messages set.  The inside of the card says, "turns out I like you more than I originally planned,"  I am in love with the distressed oxide inks and how they make my backgrounds pop!

I also wanted to participate in the challenge "Summer Lovin'" on Dragonfly Journeys.  Having grown up in Arizona, there is generally NO summer lovin' from THIS girl!  It is more of Summer tolerating sort of feeling.  I hate being hot but I do love having the boys around.

The Library Challenge is to use the book Hollywood Wives.  Although I read it when I was in my 20s, Jackie Collins is sooo not my cup of tea.  I'm using the cover to inspire me (although I am taking a bit of liberty here since my old coots are neither glamorous or luxurious!!)

And speaking of my old coots, the image is Art Impressions and is called Jump In.  I love them but if it were an accurate portrayal of my marriage, it would be ME in the water and the hubs on the side cautioning me about the weather and my use of sunscreen.  Every party has a pooper and my hubs fills that role.  Love his caution tho since I'd run into a burning building without a thought for my well-being without him to remind me!

7 comments:

  1. Joanna great card and sense of humor. Congrats on your Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card - BRAVO!!!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanna! Such a great card for your hubs on your anniversary...Congrats by the way! The inside sentiment is amazing perfection. Thanks so much for joining my Summer Lovin' Blog Challenge and Good Luck :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! This is a really fun card! I love all of the layers behind your couple. Your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for joining the Masculine Cards Challenge on the Art Impressions blog. Jil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the book cover - probably the 'wife' on hte cover has a husband who looks more like your AI 'old coot'! I love the die cut clouds, waves, sun - really fun. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been featured as a ‘Librarian’s Choice’. Thank you for sharing it at The Library.

    ReplyDelete