Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Gate-Fold Challenge


For the Art Impression Challenge this fortnight, they asked us to make a gate-fold card.  Prior to this card the grand total of gate-fold cards that I had made was ... zero.  But, I thought to myself, how hard can it be?  Actually, it was harder than I anticipated; I threw away my first card because it was crooked.

I'm using the Doggy Kisses set which is one of my favorites.  With my success, I can check THAT off my to-do list but will I make another, doubtful.

I love Art Impressions images and the complex nature of the card kinda takes the focus off the image and puts it on the lay-out instead.  I was a bit horrified how little of the stamp I used.

I'm also joining in the Try Stamping On Tuesday challenge, which ironically, was also a gate-fold card!

8 comments:

  1. Joanna this is a great card. LOVE the way that it turned out. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! He wears the cone of shame!! Lol, what an awesome stamp set, and great coloring of the image. Wonderful job on the gate-fold, too! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design, Joanna. This set is full of fun images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! The dog is adorable. Glad you joined us at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice take on the sketch and gate fold optional theme. thanks for joining us at TSOT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanna, all of your hard work on the gate fold card paid off! It's a great card and who can resist a cute doggie? Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card, Joanna! I sure hope you don't have a pooch in mind who has an "ouch" :-D Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations for your beautiful card being selected this month as one of Try Stampin' on Tuesday's top cards, Joanna! We look forward to seeing more of your creativity in May!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete