Wednesday, May 21, 2014

SSW2-15: DigiStamp Boutique


Happy Wednesday my friends!

It's time for another sketch over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.  This week we have Sally-Ann over at DigiStamp Boutique as our sponsor.  Yay.  Love her images.  I'm using her cute Karate Sammy for my card.

When I started making this card, I knew that I didn't want to use flowers for the required embellishments.  I rarely put flowers on cards; I don't know why since I admire them on other people's cards.  Any-who ... I kept thinking that I wanted to continue the oriental theme I had going.  So off I went to the Silhouette site to see if they had kanji cut-outs.  Yes, they do!  This particular one means "Peace."  It kinda amused me since he looks like he is getting ready to kick the peace sign.

Sally-Ann is offering her usual super prize of a £10 voucher to the winner this week.  We hope you stop by to play!

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:
DigiStamp Boutique blog: use a DSB image
Challenges 4 Everyone: Anything Goes
Glitter 'n Sparkle: Manly


4 comments:

  1. Oh Joanna your card is just so cute, I love this sweet image and that wonderful die you've used around the edge, it goes perfectly with your theme. This is the perfect little masculine card, I know my Ryan would love it. Take care and have a magical weekend.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Joanna and a lovely side addition - flowers just wouldn't have looked so good! & to help you get Purple Rain out of your head, how about this little chap tries to...Give Peace A Chance! (Soz, still humming but at least its a new tune!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is soo cute! And of course I love the red and black color combo. Perfect! have a nice Memorial Day Weekend.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna,
    This is my favorite this week! Love the black and white with a touch of red. Also the saying is super cute. Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete