Monday, July 25, 2016

Vickie's SSMIS


I am trapped in the house with 4 wildly rowdy boys so I'm trying to get ahead of laundry, and stamping requirements.  I look at my boys (who I know were given a hefty amount of smarts from their dad) and I see them doing the STUPIDEST things today -- youngest used an entire roll of blue tape to attempt to "lock" the others in the TV room.  And this was with me IN the house.  God knows what they would do left to their own devices.  (Sigh)  I'm assuming that they will grow out of this phase (soon please!)

Any-who, this is the July secret image for my monthly image challenge.  It's called Sea Shell Jar and it's by Stampendous.  It's super pretty; it certainly made me yearn for a vacation to the beach.

I don't know why but this image gave me a bit of trouble coloring.  I think the sky should have been a bit more subtle.  I tried twice to shade it and this is the best one!  I've decided that I need to work on my sky skills more -- it prolly didn't help that I spilled my latte on it!!  Damp images rarely make a good card; it definitely called for some creative cutting!!

I'm also entering my card in the Catch The Bug Photo challenge.  If this isn't beachy, I don't know what is!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card,I love the sea shell and the way you put some in the jar brilliant Debbs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for joining our Photo Challenge this week at Catch the Bug! Love your project hope to see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally giggling at your post today! God knew I couldn't handle 3 boys at a time :o). LOVE this very beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us at Catch the Bug Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your deep blue sky, great card! And yes the boys should grow out of it but man just think of the great stories you'll have. You'll have gray hair and lots of wrinkles but the stories will be funny, lol! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug photo challenge hope to see you again! Good luck Dawn Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete