Wednesday, September 4, 2013

SSW222: Broken Box


We're having a bit of a relaxing weekend this week.  We had our normal 3-day weekend to celebrate Labor Day but then got an additional day off from school for a teacher workday.  Gotta admit that when you have that many relaxing days, you lose track of what day it is!!  Today's Wednesday, right?!

Colorado Springs has a balloon festival over Labor Day so that's always fun to go to the various events of the weekend.  There is a pancake breakfast that the city's firefighters put on, and then the lift-off of the balloons on Saturday morning (usually miss that one ... the 4:00 AM wake-up is too early for this girl!  My picture here was snagged from my friend Denise's FB page ... she's a better mom than me and hoists her behind out of bed to take her kids while I slumber!  Wonder if she'll take MY kids next year.  Kidding!)

My FAVORITE event of the weekend is the balloon glow at night.  It is gorgeous!  This is a picture from last year because we had planned to go Sunday but it was cancelled because of all the rain we had this weekend.  Booo!

But the point of this post is to talk about the challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  This week our sponsor is Broken Box Designs, a fun, imaginative and unique clip-art shop featuring hand-drawn illustrations and digital stamps by Wendy Sefcik.


The prize up for grabs is a $5 gift certificate to be spent in  the Broken Box Design etsy shop.

We hope that you will get sketchy with us. Don't forget to comment after you upload your card so you are eligible to win the prize.

8 comments:

  1. LOVE your pics!! A Balloon Festival is on my list of things to do!! They fascinate me =)
    Super cute Christmas card - love that cheery elf!!
    Blessings to you Joanna!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna, I love your Christmas card and love the hot air balloon photos. The image is very cute and love this new sketch. Going to have to give it a try. Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to have the balloon festival there. I love watching them. When we go to Phoenix in the summer, we can watch the balloons right before we get into town. There is a big open area where they fly them. It is always fun to see them. I love your Christmas card and really love the border trim you have used. So cute. Your image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Labor Day celebrations look and sound amazing.

    I love the papers you used on your card.

    Hope you have a great week.

    Holly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, 4am is too early for me also. Some nights that's when I'm going to bed!!!! Love the pic of the balloon festival. And, I love your card! Such a cute image and fun papers. Love that border punch too. Fabulous Joanna!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling Christmas card, love how the image comes off the circle, I always love that look. You balloon festival looks fun, sorry it rain and you could not go, Darn Mother nature! I always love the balloon festival by my MIL house. Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun Holiday card and I like the border you used to separate the two DP's too! She looks like she is just glowing with the hint of yellow behind her ~ I like it!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joanna I love your darling Christmas card, it's such a cute image that's the one I used last time for Broken Box designs. Great colours and lovely design papers, very cute. Love your photo's of the balloon festival those amazing wonderful bright colours in the sky, where my boys go to school there are always balloons out in the sky, it's something to do with the early morning breeze. I said to the boys once don't you get excited when you see the balloons, NO you just get use to them. I love looking at them and I do get excited even at my old age. Take care and have a lovely week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete