Monday, May 3, 2010

I Need a Calendar in the Worst Way


I made this card for two reasons...

The first was because my mom's dearest friend recently had a stroke and is in the hospital. I'm trying to send him one get well soon card each week.

The second reason is that Whipper Snapper Stamps was (note the use of the past tense here) having a contest with a Spring theme. I thought that this little Whipper Snapper cleaner would be perfect because when I think of Spring, I think of cleaning. Well, as I got ready to package up this little baby to send ... I noticed that the closing date on the contest was, well, yesterday. Whoops.

Then, I took another look at my card and realized that it MAY not be terribly appropriate for Eldon. It has the word "sucks" on it. He's 86 and it may offend him (heavens knows that my own MOTHER would be horrified by it).

Soooo, I guess that I'll enter it into the KL SNS inside/out challenge.

I hate when I'm disorganized ... I suppose that I better get a calendar! Do you think that I'll find one now that it's May?!!




Supplies:
Stamps: WhipperSnapper Designs
Accessories: MS loop punch, SU Corner punch and circle punch, copics, brad, crystal clear, sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. You could find one . . . probably cheap, but I think you should print the months and add this cute image as a topper! :) I also think she is perfect for our Inside-Out challenge at KL Stampin N Scrappin ! Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NOOOO! LOL... sorry you were late for the contest Joanna, BUT, you will for sure bring smiles with this card. I LOOOVE this stamp and in fact I bought this one for my sister a couple of years ago because she cleans houses for a living. She hasn't used it in a while, so this is so fun to see again. I LOVE your DP and what you did with the inside as well.

    THANK YOU so much for your sweet words on my blog post today. Yes, I did let her know how her words hurt and her response was not apologetic, but she basically said she didn't mean it like that, she just meant, .... and then basically reiterated the same hurtful things. It's especially hard when we were close and are on a DT together to this day. But such is life and I choose not to play a victim and move on with life. I can just try to be the best person I can be. After all... we can't control what others do or say, but we can control how we react... revengeful, or with compassion and forgiveness. I choose the latter. I know from my father's affair what holding on to bitterness and hurt feelings and anger can do. Not good physically or emotionally. God is stronger than Satan and He'll give ya strength when you look to Him for help. Ok, I sound preachy now, so I'll just end with ... THANKS AGAIN for your support and encouraging words. I appreciate your visit. Take care! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, excactly what I'm up to today!
    Thanks for the fun inspirations.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card! Your image is adorable and I love the matching theme on the inside of your card. Thanks for joining us at KLSNS!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This totally cracked me up. Love that sentiment. I hear you about being late, even with a calendar, half the time I don't know if I'm coming or going. This card is wonderful, even if it isn't appropriate for an older man, I bet you can fing lots of friends to send it to.

    ReplyDelete