Saturday, April 5, 2014

FTH 60: Stayin' Strong


I wanted to participate in the From the Heart sketch challenge ... I really did.   I liked the sketch a lot, but somewhere in the middle of creating, things went awry.

When I tried to add the bunting thingees, it looked stupid and then I strayed.  So ... I sorta did the sketch and there is no glitter on my card.  Problem is, I have a person in mind for this card and I felt that the message was more important than the sketch.

My friend and I are both affected with a chronic disease.  The constant demands of routines, medicine, doctors, and idiots in the insurance industry who are more concerned about the "bottom line" rather than our health are mentally draining.  She's having a flare-up and I wanted to send something to let her know that I'm thinking about her.


5 comments:

  1. This card is so cute and the message is awesome! I need to print that to use on some cards. It is a great message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna, your card is fabulous. I also like this image because it´s perfect for someone who needs a lift.

    Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Those arrows are a fabulous addition! This is one of my all-time favorite FTHS images. Your coloring is perfection. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us and I love your interpretation of this weeks I {heart}sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card! I love, love this image -Your take on the sketch is FUN! Thanks for joining the sketch challenge at From the Hearts Stamps this week!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Joanna, I love your card! You know, if I squint I can see the sketch! Yes, I surely can! Those arrows rock and I love the shiny eyes. Your friend is sure to love this! Thank you for playing along with us at From the Heart Stamps!

    ReplyDelete