Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Atlantic Hearts Sketch 206


It's a snow day here.  Since we had the day off, I decided to make the youngest child finish his project for Language and Literature.  He had decided to make a game based on the book, Life As We Knew It and ... it wasn't nearly done.  Now granted, it isn't due for a week, but why put it off (especially since I had told him that if he wasn't done by Sunday, he shouldn't plan on going to his brother's birthday party)  Ouch, guess who is having to parent today?!!  Unfortunately he is notorious for doing things last minute and slap-dash

Thankfully, it is mostly done now (around 3:00 I was done with all the whining so I sent him on his way.)  In the blissful silence I made this card.  It's not a terribly happy card either (kinda fits the grey theme of the day) but I needed one for my neighbor.

I used the sketch over on the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog.  It totally fit my image from Bugaboo

I'm off to bake now.

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Joanna. Perfect for encouragement. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell in love with this Image, Joanna. I have to check this out. Fabulous Card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - this card is super sweet! Parenting is a tough job - glad you took a timeout to make this for AHSC! Thanks for joining us!
    Amber, DTM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interpretation of the sketch and love the sentiment, not terribly happy but a comforting card and adorable card for sure. And I had a son just like yours, he was famous for putting it off but always came through at the end...it was ok. Thanks for sharing with us on AHSC, and please come back for our next sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo sweet! I just love the image and the sentiment... Thanks so much for playing along at Atlantic Hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful card! thanks for sharing with us at AHSC!

    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son was like that too but he would eventually get it done. Love your card. Thanks for joining us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great card, Joanna! I love the color scheme, it's perfect for your theme and the image - which is adorable. Great use of the sketch, too. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete