Wednesday, August 14, 2013

SSW 219: Deidre Mosher


Happy Wednesday (3 more days until school starts, NOT that I am counting)  I have LOVED having the boys home but now, I'm looking forward to spending some quality crafting time with ME!!

I am so glad that you could come join us for another sketch challenge over at  Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  This week Sally has given us another fantastic sketch to work with; it's lots and lots of layers!!

Our sponsor is the " wildly whimsical and seriously sassy" artist herself, Deidre Mosher.   Here's a bit more about Deidre:
 

"I have been in the business of art for over 25+ years. Starting out as a fashion illustrator, moving into Art Direction, where I did everything from print to TV...and eventually I found my way back to illustration. My art is just plain fun and my love of color is clearly evident in the designs I create. I'm currently licensed with a variety of companies...my designs are used on craft products, greeting cards/paper products, kitchenware, business products and such. 

I am first and foremost an...Illustrator and Designer. I am inspired by seriously sassy & bold colors, but also love the 'wow factor' of classic black and white designs. I'm crazy for stripes and dots, and they are a repeated theme in my work.


I'm happiest when I am in my studio and starting a new project...making a mess, experimenting...and even throwing paint.  Any day in the studio is a great day!  I usually get an idea when I least expect it...so when the 'light bulb' goes off...I sketch and sketch and sketch...(hence the reason I buy tracing paper in bulk). I always begin with a pencil and paper, and it evolves from there. My favorite part of the process?? EVERYTHING...from beginning to end."


SO ... show us what you've got!  Post YOUR card  and you could win this week's prize of $10 to be spent in the Deidre Mosher Design store.   

11 comments:

  1. We have two more weeks of the school holidays over here Joanna and I am loving the quiet roads on the way to work. I'm sure if I had kids at home I would be feeling very different. In fact, my sister has just packed her girls off to our auntie's for a few days!!

    I love your card. It just ooozes love.

    Have a great week and enjoy your peace and quiet when it returns.

    Holly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute. I love this card and love this new sketch. I love to use my scraps. Beautiful papers, love the stitching and love your cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna, this is just the cutest card. I love the fun colors and how you have colored her up. Perfect coloring too!!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Joanna, Wow...three days til school starts...I always felt sad when school started but at the same time I love the added order and routine of the school days. I just adore this image and I love the vibrant look of your hearts. Fabulous job! Have a great week!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Joanna. The sketch is perfect to use some scraps ! The embossed paper piece and the DP looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh schools going back that means summer is just around the corner for me yahaaaaa. I can't complain we've had a very mind winter and I could count the frosts on one hand and very little rain as well. The other day it was 20c which is 68F for winter which isn't bad at all. Love love love your pretty card, super cute image and such pretty colours and design papers. Take card Joanna wishing you a great week and weekend and I hope the boys enjoy their new school year.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for school!!! Next week we send our son off to college, he's so excited. And my youngest starts the end of Aug...like you, can't wait for the uninterrupted crafting time. What a wonderful card you've created. I absolutely love your coloring and papers. And look at that fabulous stitching!!! So perfect. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. My boyfriend is a teacher, so I'm happy for back to school time too! Of course if he bothered to cook and clean for the 3 months he was off it may be worth it, but that doesn't happen! Your card is utterly terrific girl, with the purple thrown in with the red and pink, and that DP is just to die for! When are you going to be in Arizona again? It is way too hot for me out there today and even my puppy just ran out, did his thing, and ran back in!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great looking card, love the image. This would be a great Valentine card as well as "Love" card. Fun papers too. Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very FUN image and I LOVE your papers!! Such a cheery card =)
    Enjoy your crafting time!!!
    Blessings to you Joanna!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! I love the embossing and the stitching :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete